vrijdag 11 september 2015

September 11

It has been 14 years already, but we still all know what happened. On September 11 two planes crashed into the towers of the World Trade Center in New York, resulting in the death of many people. The towers collapsed, the New York skyline changed forever.

As this is a hair blog, I don't wanna talk too much about the details. Instead I'd like to share two photos with all of you. The first one is to remember - two Dutch braids into a bun with an American flag bow. Even now, 14 years later, we still remember what happened that day. Such a small detail - the American flag bow - could be a nice way of showing you remember the people that gave their life that day.

The second photo was taken during my vacation in the United States last May. I started my trip in New York, where I did a boat tour with a view of the new city's skyline. The new Freedom Tower, built where the World Trade Center once was, can be seen clearly in this photo. I wanted to share this photo to show the city has built itself back up again, but that the attack will never be forgotten.







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten