zondag 9 december 2018

Hairstyles with memories

Sometimes when you do a braid you can remember exactly when you did this braid before. It can be because you recently mastered the braid and you can remember the first time the braid turned out the way you wanted or it can be because you did this braid for a special occasion. This special occasion can be anything - a party, a celebration, a graduation... Most likely, if the braid was for a special occasion, you'll have photos of the hairstyle or at least the hairstyle in a photo. When you look back at the photo, you'll probably remember the moment exactly: what you did or said, what happened and where the photo was taken.

Vacation photos can bring back memories too, of course. For me, vacation photos also means hairstyle photos, so when I look back at a hairstyle photo, I'll remember exactly where we were, if we liked it there and if anything special happened that day. One of the vacation hairstyle photos below, for example, was taken on the day my boyfriend proposed to me. Now, when I have that same hairstyle again, I always remember that day.

Do you have hairstyles / braids with a memory as well? I'd love to hear about it in a comment below or on the Facebook page of Miriam's Vlecht Lessen!

A braid with a memory: the first time my 7 strand ribbon braid actually turned out the way I wanted it to turn out!


Another braid with a memory: with this hairstyle I became a finalist in an Instagram braiding contest for the first time.


I remember this day exactly: we took the train to go to a vacation event, but the train broke down and we had to wait on another train station. When we finally arrived at the vacation event, I booked a trip to the USA & Canada, a trip during which I met my boyfriend. When we came back home after the event, my mother's bike was stolen from the train station. A day I won't likely forget!


Another special braid: this was the hairstyle I did when I went to my grandmother's funeral. She always loved my knotted bracelet braid, so I did it for her.


Not a hairstyle I'm really proud of, but the memory is nice: this photo was taken in Sri Lanka when we visited our first temple. It was raining a little bit and we just had a bit of thunder and we had to walk around barefoot on top of a mountain. The view was beautiful, though, and this was one of the best moments during our Sri Lanka trip.


Taken in Yellowstone during our last vacation trip. This is where my boyfriend proposed to me, right next to the Old Faithful geyser. This hairstyle is now my favorite hairstyle! I wonder why... ;)


One last fun memory: I always love 4 strand slide up braids as they're quick, easy and great to see, but the background is even more special - it's where they're building our very first house. This was when we were allowed to visit the ground for the first time. The house should be finished in April/May/June 2019, so I'm sure I'll have another fun hairstyle photo with a memory coming up then!




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten